The Project Proposal for NGO includes few things starting with profile for implementing the organisation which should have the nature of the implementing organisation, the presence of relevant experience from the past, the track record in the community based on the work or experience along with participatory approaches. The details of the organisation are required along with governance, history and funding, the expertise of the staff and membership. Finally, the capacity of the organisation in terms of members and work force. Other than this there are look outs like the problem that the project sets to resolve, the reasons for the project activity, the global and the local importance of the project, the use of the donor’s resources and so on.
The context or the baseline entails the duration, area, background of the project along with the copy of the projected area. The identification of the problem as the project requires along with the assessment and the description of the projected area. There could be a reference that could be taken up. The project objective requires the nature of the project activity, the immediate objectives, the expected deliverables of the project, the proposed activity in sequential order, strategies to develop and achieve the project. Finally, the project plan with plan matrix.
The project strategy includes institutional mapping along with the consultation with key stake holders, the role of recipient as well as partner organisation, relationship with other projects or private sector activity. The technical feasibility requires the description of the technical details and the requirements, experience of similar projects in respect to the identification of the local expertise. The anticipated result addresses the impact on the participant or the beneficiaries which is related to human health, economical, social and other impact. Finally there is evaluation, monitoring, reporting along with budget, visibility and communication strategy.
To get the grant funds from the funding agency is based on the Project Proposal. It is necessary to keep in mind while writing grant proposals, the Project proposal is prepared in such a way that needs to effectively convey to the Grant provider agency that what applicant NGO is proposing fits according to their funding requirements and parameters. So it is to be prepared to achieve a good outcome and that the applicant NGO is suitably qualified social welfare organisation to implement the project.
There are some steps in the Project Proposal process to follow:
- Grant prospectus document and policy documents referenced in guidelines of the funding agency.
- Before submitting proposal you must understand and identify that for what the agency is providing funding for and why it is being provided.
- In the proposal it should be clearly mentioned and explained that how the proposal aligns with the requirement.
- In the proposal applicant has to explain the issue as it is concerned with the decided area of funder. It is to be explained clearly that how the proposal will be supportive as per the required parameters mentioned in the guidelines.
- In the proposal evidences are to be argued for the justification. In this regard the information about the condition and situation of the proposed project area are to be explained by providing proof in terms of references.
- The status of of the beneficiaries and users is also cleared by the factual data and information that proves the argument in sound way that there is real need of the project in the proposed area.
If stakeholders of NGOs want to know that where to start or want to effectively complete it in better way to proceed and looking for associate with consultancy; after checking and knowing the concepts and needs of the project and available resources who can help to write the project application for applicant organisation. So NGO management and stakeholders can contact us and see how we can write the grant proposal in more better and efficient way that will secure the options and increase chances of the expecting funding through the project.